Embutido is one of the delicious foods that we inherited from the spanish culture. This is one of filipino ́s festival or special occasion favorites. Very easy to make and really tasty!
500g ground pork
320g Pinoy Kitchen Jumbo Hot Dogs
2 pieces raw egg
1/4 cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 big carrot , diced
1 big onion, diced
1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
2/3 cup raisins
1-2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoons pepper
2 hard-boiled eggs, each cut into 4 wedges
2 tbsp vegetable oil
How to Prepare
- Put all ingredients together, except the eggs and hotdogs. Make sure that you mix it really well.
- Prepare 2 pieces of aluminum foil about 12 inches long each.
- Place half of the meat mixture onto the foil, flatten it leaving about an inch from both ends.
- Place the hotdogs and hard boiled eggs on the middle of the flattened meat mixture.
- Roll the foil so that the meat forms a log, locking the sausage and egg in the center. Twist the ends of the foil to lock.
- Steam for 50-60 minutes. Once done, let it cool down.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Remove the foil from the embutido and roll it on the oil in the pan until you get golden brown color.
- Slice it and serve with rice or bread.