Hot Dog Bun with Jalapeño Cheese
I would say hot dog buns are very common in the Philippines more than we ever realise. You can get them from convenience stores, barbecue-han (barbecue street vendors) and even in fast food restaurants. I added a twist here by making melted jalapeño cheese to spice it up.
320g (1pack) Pinoy Kitchen Jumbo Hot Dog
4 hot dog buns
1 jalapeño pepper minced
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup milk
1 clove garlic minced
How to Prepare
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a saucepan, then add flour and whisk until fully combined.
- Add milk and whisk to combine.
- Add the minced jalapeño pepper and the garlic and stir often until the mix begins to thicken (10 to 15 minutes).
- Remove the sauce from the heat and mix in the shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir until then cheese is melted into the sauce. Set aside.
- Grill the hotdogs and the buns.
- Serve with the jalapeno cheese sauce