Filipinos love fried rice for breakfast and we pretty much have it with everything! In case you have not noticed yet. We even do it with our unique red hotdogs! Why is it red? It has been a mystery for me but I love it! Reminds me of my childhood and I am very happy that Pinoy Kitchen offers this product here in Europe and let me tell you this. It is sooo delicious! Give it a try! Here is a very simple way to prepare Hotsilog
1 pack of Pinoy Kitchen Hot Dogs Party Size
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups of cooked rice
2 tbsp unsalted butter (will be used 1 tbsp separately)
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
How to Prepare
- Heat up a pan on medium to high heat.
- Fry the hotdogs in oil until so see some nice blisters on the hotdog. If you have access to a grill, grilling the hotdogs work as well.
- In another pan (I suggest using a wok here), add a tablespoon of butter and let it melt and brown a little.
- Once butter is ready, add the garlic and cook it in butter until fragrant.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well. Make sure that the rice is evenly coated with the butter and garlic.
- Add the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small pan, make a sunny side up. I like my tosilog with sunny side up but you can have pretty much anything with it, scramble over-easy, completely up to you.
- Serve all together. Garnish with some chopped chives and ketchup on the side. Enjoy!